Effective Date: February 20, 2020
At Robocog Inc. (doing business as HiringSolved.com), our mission is to use Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to help automate recruiter activities, make the hiring process easier for both candidates and recruiters, and to make hiring better. HiringSolved simplifies the process for how recruiters find candidates and take action on discovered candidates that match specific job criteria. We offer three products to our customers: Talent Feed, Prophet II and R6. All products are offered through subscriptions to our Services.
Talent Feed and Prophet II are social contact search tools that sources data available through the internet. HiringSolved gathers user data from Twitter, Facebook, Google+, blogs, technical sites, job boards, and additional websites. Beyond collecting and aggregating social contact data, HiringSolved also applies data validation processes to improve on the accuracy of this data. Recruiters can use Talent Feed and Prophet II to help them create an initial candidate pool to advance the hiring process.
R6 is a talent discovery tool that aggregates data from companies’ internal candidate data repositories. Companies oftentimes have gathered many years of candidate data and stored them in their HRIS, ATS, CRM and/or other internally developed systems. Finding candidates and matching them against existing open requisitions are difficult. R6 automates the process of aggregating this data and provides easy-to-use search features to help recruiters match candidates to open jobs.
What Information We Collect
We collect a variety of types of information. Examples include:
- Personal Data, such as your name, title, company name, job function, expertise, address, work phone number, personal phone number, work email address, personal email address, social media handle, browser and device information (including IP Address), and information collected through cookies and other similar technologies. If you submit any Personal Data relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Sites, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
- Resumé or C.V. information, such as job title, employment and education history, work experiences, skills, language proficiencies, citizenship or work authorization visas, special certifications, licenses or security clearance, awards, honors, publications, and any other information that you want to communicate in your resumé and/or cover letter.
- Candidate application data that are submitted and tracked as part of a job application.
- Other Information is any information that does not and cannot be used to reveal your identity or that of another individual, such as information which has been fully and permanently anonymized and aggregated. We use this information to facilitate our operation of the Sites and for other purposes described below.
How We Collect Information
We collect Personal Information on our website, from you and from third party services in a variety of ways, including the list below. Additionally, for our Talent Feed, Prophet II and R6 products, we also collect data through data pulls from internet sites (socials, blogs, etc.), through data provided by our customers, and through data provided by other users.
- Through the Sites: We collect information through the Sites, e.g., when you request a free trial or demo, register for a webinar, contact us, subscribe to our email newsletter, download content (e.g. white-papers), register to use our Sites, or apply for a job with HiringSolved.
- Offline: We collect information from you offline, such as when you attend one of our events, during phone calls with sales representatives, or when you contact a HiringSolved representative or our partner organizations.
- Information From Other Sources: In order to enhance our ability to provide our Services, we obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases or websites, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
- Through Your Browser or Device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Sites (such as the Apps) you are using. Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you access the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that you visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services.
- Through Your Use of the Apps: When you use an App, we and our service providers track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers, the types of searches that you performed, and what information and data have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Through Cookies and Other Similar Technologies: “Cookies” include commonly used pieces of information in the form of small files that are placed on an individual’s device to enable the individual to more easily communicate and interact with the Sites. When you visit our Sites, we may send one or more cookies to your device. They enable us to store information about your device which helps us, amongst other things, to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Sites and enhance the level of services and functions provided.
- Through the Web and Customer Systems: To provide R6, Talent Feed and Prophet II services to our customers, we collect data from the web, or from customers’ internal HR information systems.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect about you to help with our Sales and Marketing efforts, to troubleshoot issues, to provide technical support to you, to send you information about our products and services, personalize your experience, or in some cases present your data provided to us from our Services Subscribers back to the Services Subscribers. Here are more details on our use of your data.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you requested materials and newsletters, as well as information and materials regarding our products and services. As an example, if you reach out to us through our “Drop us a line” form, we will use your information to respond to the request
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Sites and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you marketing communications, including via email and SMS in compliance with applicable laws and in accordance with your preferences, that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on the Sites by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Sites and services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- To provide our Services to our Subscribers who in the process can provide your information to us. We may provide access to Talent Feed, Prophet II or R6 for external system analysis, audit, or fraud detection. In the process of providing access to these providers, they may gain access to your data to perform these tasks. Service providers performing these functions are obligated legally to neither use nor disclose your data for any other purpose other than the function for which they are hired.
- HiringSolved may provide access to our Services to audit and review our systems in a situation where we seek a strategic relationship with another business entity to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize our business. HiringSolved will seek legal protection for privacy information in these types of transactions.
How We Share Information
HiringSolved may share and disclose personal information about you with the following types of third parties and in the following use cases:
- Third parties and service providers that provide products or services to us, that help us market or advertise to you (including co-branded marketing and advertising), or that provide products or services to you. We may use third parties or service providers to perform any of the actions or activities allowed under this Policy,
- Parties to business transactions such as those we deal with in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, investment funding or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party;
- Additional third parties such as law enforcement, government entities, courts, or other third parties as required or allowed by applicable law, such as for the legal and safety purposes described under the “How We Use Information” Section above, or otherwise to help prevent harm or fraud to us, you, our customers, or other third parties. We also may share personal information with third parties upon your request or with your approval, though we may not be able to accommodate all requests; and
- Customer Sourced Personal Data may be shared between our Services Subscribers with us. HiringSolved integrates data from our Subscribers’ systems, and presents candidates data back to our users at Subscriber organizations as candidates matched to jobs, or other similar candidates. The data that we present back are usually data that you have agreed to share with our subscriber organizations. Please consult our subscriber organizations’ privacy policies for more details about how they collect, use, and share their privacy data.
- Web sourcing tool for potential customers data collected from the web are provided to HiringSolved customers through a licensing model that ranges from a free to a paid subscription model. Customer users can search for contacts using job titles, locations, companies and other search criteria to identify potential candidates for open jobs.
- Internal sourcing tool for potential customers candidate data collected through integration with each company’s HRIS, ATS, CRM and other internally developed systems are provided back to the company to help them find better matched candidates quickly. Candidates can be matched against job descriptions and similar skills or profiles. Recruiters can use this information to create a short list of candidates to reach out to for open positions.
- Integration with ATS or CRM systems HiringSolved may enter into agreements with vendors or RPO partners to integrate Talent Feed or Prophet II into their systems used to help with sourcing and hiring.
HiringSolved has very limited use of “cookies” on our websites. Here is an overview of our cookies usage.
- Authentication – the HiringSolved website offers users of HiringSolved Services the ability to login to these Services through the website. Cookies are stored to help users authenticate access to these Services quicker.
- Ease of Filling out Forms – Cookies are set up to help automate the collection of data on forms. If you choose to fill out a form to contact HiringSolved, a cookie is used to track that you’ve filled out data on the form and prevent users from taking the same form multiple times.
- Preferences – Preference cookies collect information about your choices and preferences, and allow us to remember language or other local settings and customize the websites accordingly.
- Analytics – Analytics cookies collection information about your use of our websites, and enable us to improve the way it works. For example, analytic cookies (e.g., Google Analytics) show us which are the most frequently visited pages and viewed contents on the websites and see the overall patterns of usage.
Lawful Bases for Processing Personal Data (EEA and UK users only)
For HiringSolved’s R6 product, the personal information that we have collected comes from our customers who have gathered your data through agreements with you. For example, you may have applied for a position with the company or elected to join their talent network to receive information about the company and their open positions. R6 aggregates data from these customer systems and presents the data back to our customers through a search interface that helps them more easily locate your data. Access to your data is restricted to each customer whom you’ve granted permission to store your data.
For HiringSolved’s Talent Feed and Prophet II data, HiringSolved gathers your personal information through the various social web, technical community and other web sites’ data. Our tool pulls data, as available and provided by each internet web source. The availability of such data is typically governed by your privacy setting for each of these sites, and if we are allowed to access the data, it is pulled into our system. This process is run quarterly.
HiringSolved provides Talent Feed and Prophet II to customers, whether on a free or paid subscription, to make their search process easier. Our customers rely on personal data to help identify potential job candidates that may be a fit for open positions at their company. While they can find the same information as provided by HiringSolved through the web, the current method for accessing this information is cumbersome and time consuming. Talent Feed and Prophet II are built as a service, that essentially automates the process for accessing personal data through clicking, to make it easier for recruiters to see all this information in a single pane of view. For services like Talent Feed and Prophet II to be helpful, we have taken care to capture and expose only personal data that is helpful to recruiters to find job candidates while making it easy for them to see this data.
HiringSolved processes your Personal Information based on its legitimate interest except where our interests are overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. If you are interested in seeing what data that we have gathered, updating the data that we have, or removing the data that we have collected on you, contact HiringSolved at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, you can contact us at the same email address.
Your Privacy Rights
Privacy rights enable an individual to make specific requests to an organization regarding the processing of their personal data. These rights are implemented by data protection laws that differ from place to place. In some regions (like the European Economic Area), your privacy rights include the following:
- Rights to Access and Control Your Personal Data – For personal data that we have about you, you have the right to pursue the following actions
- View/Take your data – you may request to see what information HiringSolved has collected about you to make an informed decision about how, if and when you will allow HiringSolved to continue to have access to your data. To request to see your data, and for any of the following actions listed below, you can contact email@example.com.
- Change or Correct Data – You can request specific data that we have about you to be modified, corrected, or in many cases, updated.
- Limit Use or Restrict Use of Data – You can request us to stop using all or some of your personal data.
- Deletion of Data – You can request that we stop storing your personal data.
How to Exercise your Privacy Rights
If you wish to exercise your privacy rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (800) 210-5505. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity such as your address, date of birth, or other account specific data before processing your request. If you are a resident in the EEA, Switzerland or United Kingdom, we will process any request you make in accordance with our commitments under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.
For EU Individuals: Your Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation
You may have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm. If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact us using the contact information provided above and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law. In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process personal information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
How We Secure Personal Data
HiringSolved has implemented appropriate physical, technical and administrative measures (such as encryption and access controls) to protect Personal Data within our organization. These measures are designed to protect all Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into due account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information. We safeguard information according to established security standards, and periodically assess our methods of protecting information.
If you should become aware of any known or suspected incidents of unauthorized access to, use of, or disclosure of any personal information, you should report them immediately to the following email address: email@example.com. We will investigate all reported incidents.
Minors’ Use of HiringSolved Sites
Children under the age of 16 should not use any of the Sites provided by HiringSolved as these Sites are not intended for minors under the age of 16. HiringSolved does not knowingly or specifically collect information about minors under the age of 16 and we discourage children under the age of 16 from using our Sites. If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected such information, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can delete the information from our servers.
International Transfer of Data
For Users visiting the HiringSolved Sites from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or other non-U.S. territories, or if you are working with a Services Subscriber from one of these areas who are sharing their data with us for an enhanced search experience, your Personal Data will be transferred outside the EEA or such other non-U.S. territory for use by HiringSolved, its affiliates or Services Subscriber for any of the purposes described herein. In addition, because HiringSolved operates globally, we may make information we gather available to worldwide partners, business units and affiliates. By providing your data to any of HiringSolved’s Sites, or to a Services Subscriber, you hereby expressly consent to such transfers of your data to the United States or other countries. To ensure that EU personal data is adequately protected when transferred outside the EU to the United States, any transfer of international data by HiringSolved for delivery of its services is conducted under the Privacy Shield or other lawful mechanism, such as the European Commission Standard Contractual Clauses.
For EU, Swiss and UK Individuals: Privacy Shield Notice for Personal Data Transfers to the United States
For the purposes of enforcing compliance with the Privacy Shield, we are subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, EU, Swiss and UK individuals have the right to obtain our confirmation of whether we maintain personal information relating to you in the United States. Upon request, we will provide you with access to the personal information that we hold about you. You may also correct, amend, or delete the personal information we hold about you. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data transferred to the United States under Privacy Shield, should direct their query to email@example.com. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
We will provide an individual opt-out choice, or opt-in for sensitive data, before we share your data with third parties other than our agents, or before we use it for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized. To request to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information, please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If we have received your Personal Data in the U.S. and subsequently transfer it to a third party agent or service provider for processing, and such third party agent or service provider processes your Personal Data in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, we remain responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield unless we can prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, HiringSolved commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. European Union, Swiss and UK individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact HiringSolved by email at email@example.com or via post at:
1900 W. Chandler Blv., STE 16-366, Chandler AZ 85224, ATTN: Privacy Officer
HiringSolved has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
An individual has the possibility, under certain conditions, to invoke binding arbitration for complaints regarding Privacy Shield compliance not resolved by any of the other Privacy Shield mechanisms. Please refer to Privacy Shield Annex for additional information: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.
Privacy Notice in the Event of a Merger or a Sale
In the event that all or substantially all of HiringSolved’s assets are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users to the merger or sale entity as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
Questions, Concerns or Complaints
Changes to this Privacy Notice
HiringSolved may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. The “Effective Date” at the top of this Privacy Notice indicates when this Privacy Notice was last revised. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice on the Sites.